Monday, August 16, 2010

Fleeting Treasures...

August 16, 2010


Everyone had eaten dinner except for me, and Wyatt and Emmett were finishing. Wyatt asked me for something and I replied “No Wyatt, I am sitting down to eat dinner. I will get that for you later.” Emmett: “Then I am going to sit with you and talk to you while you eat.” Wyatt: “I want to sit ‘side you, too.” So I pulled both of their chairs up on either side of me and they chatted while I ate. Emmett finished and left. Wyatt looks at me and says, “You’re not sitting ‘side me, Mommy.” “Of course I am!” “Come closer, Mommy.” I slid my chair closer to his. “Touch me, Mommy.” I touched his sticky little rice covered hand. “I just want to talk to you for a minute,” he said. Precious little boy.


And to think, I almost went to eat my dinner in front of the television.

1 comment: