Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Babies Are Blessings!

Okay, now that I said that and scared my parents out of their minds...no it isn't me. But all babies truly are blessings, and my precious friend Angela delivered her sixth such blessing yesterday. Now, when a woman is expecting, she has all kinds of plans. A plan A, B, C, & D for what will happen when labor begins. My labors have been somewhat unpredictable...but all but one have "felt" like I was in control. I say that because, obviously, God is in control. Sometimes He just humors us by allowing us to think that we have some say. Yesterday when Angela woke up, I'm sure she had no idea that at 7:15 last night her little one would be born via emergency c-section and ultimately taken to the NICU in a nearby city. It was not her plan A, B, C, or D. See, our plans do not supercede those of our Father. Even when we do not understand, even when our heart hurts, even when things are upside down, He only wants us to trust Him. That may require some stretching on our part, but He is there, waiting for us to trust. Know that His plans for us are sure. They are good. And for those that love Him, everything happen to point us to Him.

We are so thankful for this new baby that we get to enjoy and invest in. My prayers are not only for her immediate safety, but for her future, that she may come to know Christ personally and be able to share Him with others.

Babies are blessings! Welcome to our world, Laurel! We are thankful that you are rapidly improving and will be home soon with your family.

Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

1 comment: