Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Is Coming!

Gracious! I cannot believe it has already been 2 weeks since I added to our blog. Life moves at a frantic pace, it seems.

The house is decorated for Christmas. I'm so thankful I started early, because now it is done, and I can enjoy it. Otherwise, I would be dreading it.

I got my hair cut today (and colored...but we're not going there). I love my cut but I am ever so practical about my hair. The usual rule is that the shortest piece of my hair MUST, truly MUST go behind my ear when I need it to. Today I threw caution to the wind and now I have short pieces of hair that nicely frame my face but DO NOT fit behind my ear. Ah, the sacrifice for "beauty." Julie has been cutting my hair bi-annually (she is always shocked to see me) for at least 12 years. She never gives me a bad haircut. Just that one piece of hair that needs to go behind my ear that will have me saying "JULIE" 20 times a day when it won't go there. Anyway, I'd go see her more often if my practicality wouldn't get in the way. WHY IS GETTING YOUR HAIR DONE SO EXPENSIVE???

Wyatt said Mama yesterday. I mean, he's said it before, but never to call me, or when I walked into the room, like he did yesterday. He said Daddy, too, when Ben came home. Guess we are finally on our way to him yelling at someone who needs to go to the bathroom. (See previous blog post to figure that one out.)

I joined a group on Facebook for my former high school. It's so weird to hear from people you haven't seen in so many years! I mean, I guess there were a couple of people I really never cared if I saw again, but most were amiable, and a few were precious. I was so delighted to hear from my friend Susan, who really allowed me to survive high school with her humor. I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Whitney, who is now 12. So it was a great delight to touch base with the one who coined the phrase "Have some fun, stomp some gum" to which my husband still rolls his eyes, as he's heard the weird story so many times. She probably doesn't even remember it, but that's part of the charm. Do we know the little things that we do that can touch someone's life FOREVER? Good or bad? Something silly that can bring a great smile, or something we hopefully regret that causes someone pain? We should all guard our words and actions carefully. The book of James tells us to "take every thought captive" and I think that the impact of our life on others truly depends on this.

Give someone a little blessing that they will fondly remember from this day on! The days are precious, and apparently FLYING BY!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays!! Your organization inspires me, I am going to make Dan help me finish the decorations this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just love facebook? I now talk on the phone and have met some of my high school classmates, that i havnt seen. I didnt go to our 10 yr because I was preggo in canada. Love internet friendships, hey look at us, lol!
    -h

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, girls, you are my precious friends! Even though we've never seen each other face to face, my husband knows that when I speak of Joanne, or Heather, or Colleen, he'll say, Babyfit friends? Thank you for your friendship, ladies!

    ReplyDelete